Finapp is an innovative startup, a spinoff of the University of Padua, born in December 2018. The original idea of using neutron detectors to measure water content dates back to Autumn 2016: since then, step by step, the idea has taken shape, becoming first a project, then a prototype and finally a company that perfectly represents the idea of technology transfer from university to industry. The company is based in the North East of Italy, one of Italy’s most dynamic industrial regions. The team, which started with four university researchers, currently consists of 19 people and is continuously expanding. Finapp’s innovative technology has won some important awards:
- StartCup Veneto 2017: first place in the Cleantech & Energy category.
- National Innovation Award 2017.
- Seed & Chips, May 2018, Milan: among the best 60 strartups in the world in the agritech category and among the best 4 for the sustainable use of water resources.
- New prestigious shareholders such as Credit Agricole, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti and the Progress Tech Transfer fund joined the company, raising € 1.4 million.
- Winners of ‘BeLeaf 2022’ by Philip Morris Italia and ‘Cortina Smart Road 2022’ by Foundation Open Factory and Anas.
- Winners of the EIC Accelerator – March 2023 call for proposals of the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA) with a grant of over €2 million.
- Selected to participate in NYU Stern University’s “Endells Frontieris Lab 2023” programme.
- Winners of the “AI/ML solutions for Climate Change Innovation Factory”, a competition launched on the occasion of the AI for Good Global Summit 2023 by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Delegate to the United Nations Climate Change Conference – United Arab Emirates 2023, COP28, presenting at the Crowdsourcing AI Solutions for Climate Change event.